My how time has flown since my last post; so many things in my life have changed….I don’t even know where to begin. So, let’s see….
1. I changed jobs…still trying to get into my career, but due to the grant closing, they decided to make some cut back (hey, you win some and you lose some). My current position is still underway because of my extreme training, but I am trying to make it…LOL!
2. I went out on another blind date….It was a first for me only because he was really shy! If you know me, you know that I am not the type to become shy during any situation. Imagine me asking over 30 questions to his 6 questions…LOL! Hey, someone had to carry that conversation or otherwise, we would have just sat at the Italian restaurant looking into space. To say that this date was a learning experience, I would have to agree, along with me finding the courage on the same night to do Number 3….
3. I FINALLY TOLD Mr. Game Plan how I REALLY FELT! Now, to be honest, I don’t imagine anything coming from the recent disclosure of feelings. However, I have come to realize that dreams can actually come true, if God has written it out that way. For me, the decision to release the information wasn’t planned…I had actually taken my godmom’s advice and dropped it, but after having a girl’s night on the town for drinks and sushi, a random question came up….it was a question that I felt that only HE could answer (LOOK, he is one of the few professional athletes that I know personally, so he was my ONLY source).
4. I actually zip lined across thousands of trees… (Well, not that many...LOL), but I was over 300 feet high. To be honest, I don’t like heights, nor do I love to fly through the air….on my current 2011 bucket list, I added some sort of sky adventure. I was so proud of myself, but the funny part is this: I didn’t zip right one time, except for the first one…all the other lines that I zipped down, I went backward and half the time, I didn’t brake like I was instructed to. My family got a great laugh out of me and I admit, I laughed my butt off too….it was an experience that I can’t forget.
5. I enjoyed my annual FAM trip….there were moments that I wasn’t sure what the outcome would be, but I realized that if you approach situations with a positive attitude, you are sure to receive positive results…now, don’t mistake what I said: There were still some moments that weren’t the best, but I gave it my best. When dealing with family, it’s best to know that most of the time, you might not see eye 2 eye; I guess for the most part, that’s okay. During my trip, I cried, laughed, almost peed on myself, smiled extra hard, and reflected on the great blessings that God has given my family. My happy moments outweighed the emotional and crazy ones…
Well, there you have it…the updated list of where my life has been for the past month…I didn’t realize that I actually did that much. My life is starting to make sense to me; I can’t always predict what outcomes I will have….who knows, I might end up finding my ideal job next month, be asked out on an official date by Mr. Game Plan, scratch another item off my “bucket” list, and enjoy another great FAM moment…”Ain’t it funny how life goes around…”