On the way back home to Louisiana, I began to think back to a year ago; during that time, I was faced with a smart decision to start my own blog…in the beginning, I didn’t know what I would write about or how often I would write. I just knew I wanted to get my emotions and thoughts out for the world to see. I wasn’t sure where my words would take me, but I am so thankful I decided to call myself a “blogger”. Within a year’s time, I have embarked upon so many great people, opportunities, and challenges; I pushed myself to higher heights and fought great fights. I can honestly say that I am a better person because of my first post; since March 29, 2011, here are some of my adventures….
1. I FINALLY said goodbye to my EX of 5 years….He was the main reason that I started the blog; I just knew I was ready for a change and by venting about him, I began to realize what great potential I had. Thanks T. Murphy for telling me to my face that you never really loved me; had it not been for that moment, I would have NEVER considered my own playground called “the creole soul of a guillory”.
2. I have a recurring feature in an online magazine….Writing for a magazine is a HUGE deal for me; back in high school, I knew that I loved to write. My life coach gave me the inspiration to put my work out there and pursue my passion for writing. As of today, I have pitched my blog to 3 different online magazines throughout the US; I write for one of them, while another one is reviewing/considering me. The local online magazine editor stated that he loved my work, but there wasn’t a section fit for me at the time…it’s okay though, I have to start somewhere and I don’t plan to stop!
3. I explored the WORLD OF DATING… Listen, I was surprised by the emotions and challenges of dating. Valuable lessons were learned throughout this last year; lessons that I have written about in my blog. Memorable lessons would include: “If a guy tells you, in so many words, that he doesn’t want a relationship with you, BELIEVE HIM!”, “Taking it slow is always a great step, while never forgetting to LOVE YOURSELF”, or “Take a risk at relationships; you NEVER know what is ahead of you”. Sad to say, but my dating record doesn’t look to bright right now, but I am okay with that…the right guy will surely come along when I least expect it; until then, I will SMILE and be SINGLE.
4. The famous “Things that Men Say” list was created… Doc is one of my best friends, while being family; our girl talk is the highlight of my weeks. We tend to have certain “spots” that we visit for dinner, thus creating the list. Trust me, this list COULD NOT be made up…all are true experiences that women have been through. Each time I read the lists, I break down and cry from laughter; if you haven’t read them, I suggest you find them on the blog and get yourself a laugh J
5. I lost my Paw Paw, celebrated the life of my best friend(Ms. Terrye), got a new position, started a new girls youth organization, moved into a new place, began to attend Sunday School, and introduced a new chapter into my book called Life... Yeah, that was a lot in one year; I can’t believe I experienced all of that, plus more. Each day produced new challenges and I wouldn’t change any of it….
So, there you have it; a year jammed pack with more adventures to last some a lifetime…BUT NOT ME! I’m just getting started. I am so thankful for the many blessings that God has given to me and those around me…I have a great support system and a loving fan base…I thank you all for always sharing in my life with me. Within a year, I have had thousands of views of my work; it just motivates me to push harder in the next year. Trust me, there will be more “Things Men/Women Say” lists, overview of LC Homecomings, Chapters of Dating(I think…lol), and much much more! Words will never express how I feel having the title “blogger”…I hope you continue on the ride, because I promise I will be right there with you for the entire journey…Until March 2013 for my next yearly update!